Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Some Days are Better Than Others

Today my heart is breaking. My brother, Joseph Ansley, died this morning in a work related accident in Arkansas. I've shed tears of sorrow and been touched by stories shared by people who knew him. The minister's wife who works at his bank, his coworkers, the neighbor and her daughter, even the coronor in Havannah, Arkansas all speak of his friendship and kindness. His best freind described him as the one who always lifted him. He said, "We became old and settled for life, but Joseph never gave up on the dream."

The planning and details kept me busy today. We have been coordinating things over the phone with my brother's and sisters, our mother and Cristi. Being busy is good. Now it is quiet and the tears are flowing. I just didn't see this day on the itinerary.

The funeral will be in Ramah on Monday, Jan 19 at 10 am (four days before his 49th birthday). Tomorrow I will start a memorial DVD, write the obituary and draft the funeral program. Joseph, give Mother and Grandpa a hug for me. I love you.

3 comments:

Janice Shiflett said...

Colleen,

Our prayers and thoughts go out to you and your family. Joseph was a friend of our from many years past. He was a very likeable person and would always make me laugh. My husband and Joseph used to rope together at the USTRC Team ropings while Christi and Tanya and I would cheer them on. He will be missed by many.

Sincerely,

Dale and Janice Shiflett

mamagale said...

Colleen,
I'm so sorry. I can only picture Joseph with a smile on his face--happy. My kids' favorite family reunion memory is shooting at the rodeo grounds with Joseph's MANY awesome guns and Joseph showing them how and then letting them have at it. We will miss him.
Love,
JoAnna

Harvey said...

Colleen,

It was good to hear from you, I only wish the circumstances were happier. I have a lot of great memories of Joseph, hearing of Joseph's passing brought tears to my eyes and sorrow to my heart.I have thought about you all often these past few days.I am truely sorry that i was unable to attend the service. He will be missed by all and this world will be lessor without him in it. Our hearts and prayers are with you and your family at this time of loss.

Love,

Harvey and Connie Bond